Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 5

Practical: Interview two people and write their speech as a news report under the topic 
“The things that are most important to me”

A couple days ago, I had a chance to meet two of my best friends, we were in the same class in high school and we had sleepovers almost every weekend. They are so amazing and I am so proud to have them in my life, we talk with each other very often and support each other. So I decided to interview them about what are the most important things to them. Both of my close friends mentioned their families are their first priority. There were two questions that I want to ask them; The first question was “What are the most important things to you?”

My 25 years old best friend; Ginko, She is recently moving out of her parent's house and currently stay with her boyfriend in his apartment. They are going to get engage in the next two months after everything settle down. She told me that moving out of her parents' house is a very big decision for her. She worries about her parents and younger sister but she is now old enough to go out and stand on her feet. "I'll be 26 in the next two months and it is time that i have to be real independent" she said. When i asked her what is the most important things to her, she answered within a minute that her family is the most important to her; "Of Course my family comes first!" "The first reason why I move out of my parents' house was that i want to show my parents and my little sister that I can take care of myself, i want to make them proud of me" she said.
She further commented that her biggest dream is to be a good daughter and a good sister. "I always wanted to be a good role-model for my little sister, and also to be a good daughter. my parents is very conservative so i would like to show them that i can take care of my own, i can buy a car by myself and have a job"

Whan (26), Another best friend of mine who works as an information developer. She graduated from Chiang Mai University with a bachelor's degree in Information system and currently working at Thai Police Department. When I asked her what is the most important things to her, she smiled and told me that her family is the most important things to her "I grew up with my mother and my grandmother, They are the best persons on earth, I couldn't ask for more" she replied.


 -  Inquiry  -
Find an article that has impact on you because of the sources, speech and reporting, and discuss why it is an example of good journalism or media writing.



This is not an article but it is a video of Steve Jobs given speech at the Stanford University in 2005. I really to share this as it is a very inspiring speech. Steve Jobs is the most iconic men of the 21st century; he was co-founder & CEO of Apple, Inc. and Pixar Animation Studios (motivationalspeaker, 2012). He was enthusiastic and passionate about what he did. This is one of my favourite speech he gave at the Stanford University in 2005.


This is one of the best speeches of him I have seen; it is very inspiring, motivating and encouraging. He was a remarkable storytelling and had a great charisma, which I suppose he was born with. He entertained while educating at the same time. Steve Jobs had a unique style of giving speeches; he always kept his speeches informal and added some humour to the speeches.

References

Carmine Gallo 2008, Deliver a Presentation like Steve Jobs, http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2008-01-25/deliver-a-presentation-like-steve-jobsbusinessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice (accessed 10 Sept 2015)

Motivationalspeaker 2012, What Made Steve Jobs a Great Motivational Speaker? http://motivationalspeaker.edublogs.org/2012/08/01/what-made-steve-jobs-a-great-motivational-speaker/ (accessed 10 Sept 2015)

Week 5 Quiz

In week 5, there were two online quiz: Part A and Part B. I attempted quiz twice to get this week’s quiz 100% correct. I think that this week’s quiz is the most difficult one so far for me. I wasn’t happy with my first result at all, However I will try harder next week in order to get a better result.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    In week 5 inquiry you put a great story. I have seen this video a lot of times to inspire me. it is one of the best motivational speech. you have chosen good story. However, you could write something more how did this video inspire you?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete